All edits will be added at the bottom of the journal, along with the people who have currently joined in.
What is a Secret Santa?
Secret Santa is when a group of people will randomly exchange gifts with someone else. For us, it'll be a huge art trade, and now with writing as well. I will randomly assign people a request based on what they wish for in return. (art for writing, writing for writing, ETC) You will not know who will have your request, and to make it fair, they will not really know who's request they will have either. They will receive a note with the request you gave and that is it.
But I do not celebrate Christmas!
That is ok, because of this I will ask you all to make sure the submission is more Winter-y Themed then Christmas Themed. Or more it should be themed for the commercially known Christmas then the religiously known Christmas. If you have problems with this, please let me know when you send in your request that you would like it more one way then the other. (As in you would rather see winter events like snowball fights then people opening presents or something of that effect)
How it will work and time frame
Starting Today November 6th 2015 at 01:00 PM PST (GMT/UTC - 8 ) Sign-ups are open. Just note the GROUP with this link if you want to send in your form. After sign-ups end on November 20th 2015 (time unknown for now) I will gather all the requests and based on what is in them (in terms of what you will and will not draw, what you wish for in return and etc) I will randomize the requests and send them out in notes.
At this moment I, Shagami, will be the only one, who will know who which people will have. I will only join in if we do not have an equal amount of people joining in. On or around Dec 19th 2015, I will create a folder in the group labeled Secret Santa 2015 and will open it for submissions. On that date you may upload your finished piece to the gallery. I ask that you do NOT upload the piece into your own deviant gallery until that day as well. You may, however, keep it in your Sta.sh as long as you do not link it out anywhere. People are smarter than you think and you do not want to ruin the gift for someone.
The DEADLINE will be December 26th 2015 at MIDNIGHT your timezone listed on your DA page (if you have one). The folder in gallery will be locked on December 31st 2015 the time is still unknown. If you think you will have any problems submitting your finished piece by then, please note me so we can talk it out, and I can send an update to the person you are doing the request for. Let's try to submit fully finished pieces, not fast unfinished sketches.
All requests must be Koei-Warrior related. That means anything made by Koei-Tecmo. This means games like Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi, Kessen, RoTK, Dyntasy Warriors: Gundam, Bladestorm, Ninja Gaiden, Fist of the North Star, Zill O'll, Warriors: Legends of Troy and other Koei-Warrior games. (for a list please check out the side bar on the main Koei-Warriors.uk website. Anything listed under "Koei Warriors" and "Other Koei Warriors" will be accepted.
NOTE: SENGOKU BASARA IS NOT A KOEI GAME. IT IS CAPCOM. Please do NOT request any thing from Sengoku Basara.
Just to let you all know, in the last two years we have been doing this all requests have been either Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors or Warriors Orochi.
When making requests please keep in mind the various skill levels of the artists and writers around you. Armor tends to be a hard thing to draw... *stares at you Xiahou Ba!* If you have a certain outfit you want drawn please make sure it is clear.
ALL REQUESTS, ARTWORKS AND WRITINGS MUST BE PG-13. They need to be suitable for those young eyes we have out there. No nudity, sexual themes or extreme violence.
- 1. ALL ARTWORK/WRITING MUST BE 100% YOURS! NO TRACING, NO UPLOADING OF ARTWORK THAT IS NOT YOURS, NO EDITING, NO RENDERS, NO PLAGIARISM. If I (or anyone else) catch you cheating, (with tracing/editing others artwork *in other words any ART THEFT* or plagiarism) I will report to deviantart, withdraw your request from the person who is in charge of it and ban you from the group.
- 2. Graphics like avatars, signatures and banners are not allowed due to the render and editing rules. (Sorry DA rules)
- 3. Writers, while your writings do not need to be prefect, please check for spelling and grammar. Make sure it is easy to read. Based on size 12 font, Arial, single spaced; all writing submissions should be at minimum 450 words (about 1 page). For the maximum words, I don'y really think we need one, just don't make novels. These will be like short stories/fan-fiction. I think you should aim for between 600 words to 2000 words (1 1/3rd of a page to 4 pages). Then again this is all based on simple formatting. Your actually page count could be smaller or larger based on the setting you use.
- 4. Artwork can be digital or traditional. Please make sure it is not too big or small. Traditional artist please make sure it is scanned or photographed nicely. You may upload a crappy cell phone image as long as you upload a clear version later. (This is in case of things like you finished the art while visiting family in another state, but they do not have a scanner or it broke and you can not scan it until you return home or fix it. If this DOES happen please upload the clean finished version ASAP, also should state that in the artist description as well. )
- 5. HAVE FUN! This is going to be a gift for someone. Let us make their day!
- 6.DO NOT JOIN IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HAVE TIME TO COMPLETE THE PIECE AND/OR DISAPPEAR OF THE FACE OF THE INTERNET. The last couple of years we have had a problem with people disappearing right after it starts and never come back. So please join if you are going to be serous about this.
Art work must be completely finished, unless discussed with me. You should NOT upload Works in Progress, unless something happens, its close to deadline and you think you will not finished until right after the deadline date. This is for emergency's only.
When you upload/submit your piece, please copy and paste the request into the artist description/comments as well. On January 2nd 2016 I will post a journal of who drew who and link to the submissions.
Name: (your DA username)
Request: (try to be as clear as possible, especially if you want something written. Maker sure to mention the series and characters you are requesting along with any details like version outfits/costumes/psychical looks. IE Sun Juan looks widely different between DW5 and DW6 and so on.)
What are you willing to draw/write: (Will you draw single people only or will you draw couples or groups? Only draw males or females? Will you draw/write straight/yaoi/yuri parings or any light romance at all. Will you draw Anthro, Armor or Mecha? stuff like this should be mentioned. )
Are you an artist or writer: (Please let me know what you are, or if you can do both.)
What do you wish for in return: (What do you prefer getting back: Art or Writing. You can ask to be surprised, in this case the artist or writer will chose either to draw or write for you)
Below is a sample request of what should be sent.
Request: Dynasty Warriors 8 Lu Bu stuck in snow being made into a snowman by his daughter Lu Lingqi.
What are you willing to draw/write: I am willing to draw almost everyone. No armor, mecha or anthro. I can not draw older people. Couples yes, groups no.
Are you an artist or writer: I am an artist but I am willing to write if there is not enough people. I am not good at writing though.
What do you wish for in return: Surprise me!
Any notes?: This is a sample request.
Here is a list of those who have sent in a request. I hope for even numbers! Thank you everyone.
Current list of Secret Santa Participants
I will open a winter event in Mid-December. It'll run until the end of January. Winter last through March so it can be done later and will allow those who are doing the Secret Santa time to recover before starting something new.
Nov 19th 2015 Edit: Hurry Hurry Sign ups end soon!
btw they might close late since I am sick and i dunno how i will feel when that time comes. Meanwhile PLEASE send in those forms
Nov 20th 2015 edit: We need ONE more person to equal out the requests. If There isnt one more person; then i'll pull out to even out the requests. If you are interested please send in a request before Nov 21st 11:59PM thank you!
Nov 21st 2015 edit: since we didnt get another person i went ahead and pulled out so it can be equal. I'll get people matched and requests sent out in the next day or two. I'm sick so I apologize for the wait.